cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS and Guest account / limited usage web authentication

stevechapman_2
Level 1
Level 1

Here my problem I need to be able to limit my AD users to a 10min access to the WLAN.  I see you can do this for guest accounts, but you have to manually enter a username and password.  I would like the web authentication to use our ACS which is tied in to our AD.   Is there a way to do this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Do you want to limit everyone to 10 minutes?  Session timeout on the WLAN would cause everyone to have to reauthenticate after the specified period of time.

If you only want specific users to do 10 minutes, I'm not really sure how. AAA Override with Radius I think can let you set a session timeout as well, but I don't know if this work with WebAuth....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Do you want to limit everyone to 10 minutes?  Session timeout on the WLAN would cause everyone to have to reauthenticate after the specified period of time.

If you only want specific users to do 10 minutes, I'm not really sure how. AAA Override with Radius I think can let you set a session timeout as well, but I don't know if this work with WebAuth....

Weterry,

Here the whole story.  I have a bookstore that going to have “Demo” pc for students to buy.  The want to show the internet on these devices, but our security guy require all users to logon.  I was hoping to find a way to let user logon quickly to test these devices.

I have already figure out the web auth and that great feature, but you have to manually enter each user.   If I could get that to use AD and limit each to 10min that would be great. I would like to setup a SSID for the demo devices and limit users to 10 min.

I have 2 WiSM controllers running 6.0 also have WCS .

Thanks

Chappy

I forgot I also have ACS 3.3 if that can help.

Chappy

Weterry,

Thanks for the ideas I got it to work !!!  Here what I did.  Under the WLAN ssid under security tab then AAA servers I selected order used for auth and set it to radius. 

Then under Advanced tab I did Allow AAA override enable and set the session timeout to 300 sec (5 min) and it works.  After 5 min I have to reauth via web. 

Thanks

Chappy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: