value of ccna

Unanswered Question
Apr 2nd, 2010

I have been studying for ccna off and on for 2 years while working as network admin for last 6 years.  Decided to take test again and failed 770/825!  I want to scream! i have been putting off learning more advanced features to focus on core of CCNA.  Now debating its value.  I do give up and move on with higher level features.  I dont think that i can look at ccna material anymore.... Can anyone recommend good exam sims?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.5 (2 ratings)
Ganesh Hariharan Fri, 04/02/2010 - 09:37
 I have been studying for ccna off and on for 2 years while working as network admin for last 6 years.  Decided to take test again and failed 770/825!  I want to scream! i have been putting off learning more advanced features to focus on core of CCNA.  Now debating its value.  I do give up and move on with higher level features.  I dont think that i can look at ccna material anymore.... Can anyone recommend good exam sims?

Hi,

" MyPowerPass" is the best simulator out there for the money (full version is like 20 dollars, or you can use their demo for free).  They give you over 300 questions, and the material to be pretty accurate.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Reza Sharifi Fri, 04/02/2010 - 09:48

aaroncward2 wrote:

Hi Aaron,

Sorry you did not pass this time but keep at it until you pass. I know the feeling but do not give up.  Also to go for other certification i.e CCNP, you still need to have a valid CCNA.  Look at this way, once you done with CCNA, you will have good foundation for other certifications.

Good Luck,

Reza

When your that close to passing it is likely that you are simply missing a couple key elements to passing.

Boson.com has a full array of exam sims and simulators.  the CCNA one is like 100USD and has 6 exams with options for random exams and 2 modes.  Study mode and Test Simulation mode.

The test process also has a post test wrap up that can show you how well your hitting various elements.

As a means of helping I would also recommend the following be memorized and then immediately written down for testing:

A) 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255

B) 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255

C) 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

7- Application

6- Presentation

5- Session

4- Transport (segment)

3- network (packet) -- aka internet

2- data link (frame)       \

1- physical                   / 1+2 = network access layer

Connected 0                 static 1

external bgp 20              internal eigrp 90

igrp               100           ospf      110

is-is          115               rip 120

external eigrp 170          internal bgp 200

unknown 255

stp

blocking -> listening -> learning -> forward

rstp

discard -> learning -> forwarding

dhcp

discovery -> offer -> request -> pack (or PNAK for timeout denials)

32  24       1          255

31  23        2          254

30  22         4          252

29  21          8          248

28  20          16          240

27  19          32          224

26  18          64          192

25  17          128          128

If you can copy that out from memory for reference during a test you should be able to get most of the answers right just from applying this.

Actions

This Discussion