H-REAP Confiugration - 2 sites, with 2 different ssids

Unanswered Question
Apr 2nd, 2010

Hi All,

I have a WLC4402 running software release 4.2.207 to which around 40 AP1020 AP's are registered, the wlan is configured with one WLAN/SSID.

Now I have another remote site running Cisco AP1252 AP's, each AP is in autonomous mode at the moment and is running one SSID. Now I want to convert each of these AP's to LAP's.

In my lab I have managed to convert the AP1252 to Lightweight AP's - thats OK.

With the remote site AP's configured as H-REAP access points I would like to know whether I can have two SSIDS on my WLC one for the H-REAP's and one for my local WLAN?

I basically have quite a lot of wlan clients and changing the WLAN Profile is not really a practical option so I want to preserve WLAN configurations on all the clients.

I would like to know whether it is possible to have the local ssid only visible/distributed on the local AP's and another ssid only visible/distributed on the remote ap's - which will be in h-reap mode?, or another way of putting it, is it possible to have a SSID linked to specific AP's or AP groups.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
weterry Fri, 04/02/2010 - 23:06

So if you were in 5.2+, the feature you are looking for is actually called AP groups.

Prior to this though, you want WLAN Override.

So for each AP you have, go in to the Radio (Wireless > Radio > 802.11[a/g] > AP)

Turn on WLAN override, and put a check by the wlan you want.

This Discussion