Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM translation pattern

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am using CUCM 7.0 with MGCP gateway and SIP trunk for voicemail pointed to MS Exchange2010. I've added 91 for incoming call so the end user can dial out to missed call directly without to edit the number. Now I want remove 91 in SIP trunk, and I don't want send 91XXXXXXXXXX to the voicemail. I've created translation pattern to modify calling number to XXXXXXXXXX and assign the partition to TP. then create CSS with that partition and assign to SIP trunk. But in voicemail missed call, still I see CUCM sends 91XXXXXXXXXX to voicemial.

am I missing something?

thanks

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are several moving parts here.  So, let me approach this by providing an example that should work and then you can compare notes and see if there is something missing.  I am going to use example patterns to make this cleaner.

1. Voicemail pilot number:

Create a VM pilot number that is guaranteed unique.  For example *091001

2.  Voicemail Profile:

Create a VM profile MyVMProfile that uses the VM pilot number *091001

Modify VM profile to use masks that match your mailbox extensions, like: XXXXXXXXXXX

3.  Route Pattern or Translation Pattern:

Create a route or translation pattern as follows:

- pattern *091001

- translate called:

- Route List: 

- translate calling: XXXXXXXXXX

(NOW, you must be able to guarantee that all calling parties will have either 10-digits or more than 10-digit calling party number digits for this to be useful)

- note: if using a translation pattern, then you will want the translate called to hit a route pattern which points to the SIP trunk.  It may be useful to decouple the digit translation from the route decision if you want to apply different translations based on how calls are routed to your UM system.  THOUGH, if you want things to be uniform then you may want to do the translation on the route pattern directly.

On the phone, you assign the VM profile and modify forwarding to use voicemail (check the "voicemail" box).

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

We match translation pattern based on CALLED number

You need to check VM profile/VM mask to check which digits you want to send

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are several moving parts here.  So, let me approach this by providing an example that should work and then you can compare notes and see if there is something missing.  I am going to use example patterns to make this cleaner.

1. Voicemail pilot number:

Create a VM pilot number that is guaranteed unique.  For example *091001

2.  Voicemail Profile:

Create a VM profile MyVMProfile that uses the VM pilot number *091001

Modify VM profile to use masks that match your mailbox extensions, like: XXXXXXXXXXX

3.  Route Pattern or Translation Pattern:

Create a route or translation pattern as follows:

- pattern *091001

- translate called:

- Route List: 

- translate calling: XXXXXXXXXX

(NOW, you must be able to guarantee that all calling parties will have either 10-digits or more than 10-digit calling party number digits for this to be useful)

- note: if using a translation pattern, then you will want the translate called to hit a route pattern which points to the SIP trunk.  It may be useful to decouple the digit translation from the route decision if you want to apply different translations based on how calls are routed to your UM system.  THOUGH, if you want things to be uniform then you may want to do the translation on the route pattern directly.

On the phone, you assign the VM profile and modify forwarding to use voicemail (check the "voicemail" box).

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

i think with the excelent example provided by Bill above

a translation pattren will work

becuase with route pattren when it will reach the trunk/GW the calling number will still considered Pre route pattren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: