Cannot delete call handler from Unity Connection 7.1

Unanswered Question
Apr 2nd, 2010

I have a call handler that was not working correctly.  I create another one to do what I wanted that one to do and I went in to delete the bad one and it tells me the handler is in use and will not delete it.

Is there some way to have it not be in use when nothing is pointing to it so I can delete it?

Seth

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lindborg Fri, 04/02/2010 - 11:58

Most likely there is something referencing it somewhere (or it could be a dependency issue bug - there have been a couple of those along the way).  In Connection 8 there is a "check dependencies" button for all objects to help with this - in 7.1 this function didn't exist.  The Audio Text Manager does have a dependency check report for users, call handlers and interview handlers which can help run down issues such as this (assuming there is a reference from some object to that handler causing the delete to choke):

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html

I'll be adding call handlers to the BUlk Delete tool for Connection this dev cycle and that would get around this as well by using a forced replacement object when deleting (which tells the database to relax about references to a handler being deleted since it can replace those reference with another).

but there's no way to force an object the database _thinks_ is being referenced to be removed - Connection's database enforce strict foreign key constraints unlike Unity (i.e. it's not possible to get orphaned data or have invalid links like you can in Unity).

William Bell Fri, 04/02/2010 - 12:03

Check the following:

1. Make sure no Forward or Direct routing rules are pointing to the Call Handler

2. Make sure no other Call Handlers are point to this handler

3. Make sure no Directory Handlers are referencing the call handler

There is a tool on ciscounitytools.com that can check references/dependencies. I believe it is called Audio Text Manager.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

[EDIT: Looks like I was following Rob's footsteps and typing a little too slow ;-)]

Message was edited by: William Bell

Actions

This Discussion