cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7942 Audio Bleedthrough on Speaker when Using Headset/Handset

gd08251960
Level 1
Level 1

End-user presses the Headset button to make an outgoing call with the Handset in the cradle with the volume set a little higher than mid-range.  The End-user can hear the conversation through the speaker of their 7942 telephone.  The bleedthrough is not that loud but it is distracting.

This issue can be duplicated on site with another 7942 when using the Handset to make an outgoing call.

CUCM Software Version 6.1

7942 Device Information:

• App Load ID: jar42sccp.8-4-1-23.sbn
  • Boot Load ID: tnp42.8-3-1-21a.bin
  • Version: SCCP42.8-4-2S
6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you can recreate the issue with another 7942 on the same firmware, then it would be worthy of doing a firmware upgrade test to see if there is an undocumented firmware bug you are hitting (nothing even close in an 8.4 bug scrub).  Load the latest firmware in the cluster but do not change the system defaults (or change them back to your current firmware after loading the update).  Then manually set the phone load for one or two of the 7942's and reset them so they upgrade the latest firmware.  If you cannot recreate the issue, I'd suspect a firmware bug is at play.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Did this get resolved? I have phones on 9-4-2-1S that are experiencing this. What level of firmware was this rectified on?

Vince

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the excellent help from Hailey (+5 points "H"

CSCef53862            Bug Details

Faint audio is heard in the speaker while using handset
Symptom:
Faint audio is heard in speaker when handset is used

Conditions:
Hanset volume level is set at max.

Status
Fixed             

Severity        
3 - moderate

Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product
Cisco IP Phone FW 7900 Series Software         

Technology

1st Found-In
6.0(4)       

Fixed-In
5.0(6.1)
7.1(0.11)
3.3(5)ES20
3.3(5)SR1a
4.0(2a)ES50
4.0(2a)SR2c
4.1(2)ES43
4.1(3)ES17
4.1(3)SR1a
7.1(2.20000.2)
7.1(2a)                                                          

Cheers!

Rob

Good find, 5 right back at you. I did a bug scrub for a couple different firmware base versions and zippy - then bang, Rob to the attack!

Rob - Thanks for the information.  However, I'm curious to know if you saw anything for CUCM Version 6.1(3.2000.1)?  Again, the bleedthrough is faint and as long as you crank up the built-in volume for the headset and lower the speaker volume on the Cisco phone, the bleedthrough disappears.

This would still be applicable to your version.  It's first discovered in 6.0(4) but the next fix version is 7x.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: