Packet Tracer 5.2 Crash in Windows 7

Answered Question
Apr 2nd, 2010

HELP!

Packet tracer 5.2 keeps crashing when I use it with Windows 7. Anyone have any ideas to stop this from happening?

I've tried running it as administrator, and closed all other running programs I can, but that has not helped.

Rather fustrating to try and do a PT lab when it won't stay running.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by ganeshh.iyer about 4 years 2 weeks ago

HELP!

Packet tracer 5.2 keeps crashing when I use it with Windows 7. Anyone have any ideas to stop this from happening?

I've tried running it as administrator, and closed all other running programs I can, but that has not helped.

Hi,

What don't you try GNS3 for simulation of network as  GNS3 is a graphical network simulator that allows simulation of complex networks.

To allow complete simulations, GNS3 is strongly linked with :
* Dynamips, the core program that allows Cisco IOS emulation.
* Dynagen, a text-based front-end for Dynamips.
* Qemu, a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.

GNS3 is an excellent complementary tool to real labs for network engineers, administrators and people wanting to pass certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCIE, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIE.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
ganeshh.iyer Sat, 04/03/2010 - 00:14

HELP!

Hi,

What don't you try GNS3 for simulation of network as  GNS3 is a graphical network simulator that allows simulation of complex networks.

To allow complete simulations, GNS3 is strongly linked with :
* Dynamips, the core program that allows Cisco IOS emulation.
* Dynagen, a text-based front-end for Dynamips.
* Qemu, a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.

GNS3 is an excellent complementary tool to real labs for network engineers, administrators and people wanting to pass certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCIE, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIE.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

larryj6849 Sat, 04/03/2010 - 05:09

HI,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not an option as I am taking a CCNA course and Packet tracer labs are given as assignments by the course and instructors.

Larry

ganeshh.iyer Mon, 04/05/2010 - 06:15

HI,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not an option as I am taking a CCNA course and Packet tracer labs are given as assignments by the course and instructors.

Larry

Hi Larry,

As per cisco documentation packet tracer 5.2 is compatible with the following platforms: Windows (Windows XP, Windows 2000, Vista Home Basic, and Vista Home Premium) and Linux (Ubuntu 7.10 and Fedora 7).

Check out the below link for the same :-

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/downloads/pdf/CiscoPacketTracer52FAQ.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

larryj6849 Mon, 04/05/2010 - 10:23

Thanks for the link.

I was hoping to be able to use my newer computer which has Windows 7, but it looks as though I will have to use the older slower one with XP.

But, slower is much better than having to save after each entry or loosing the programming.

Again, thanks for the assistance.

Larry

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted April 2, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Stats:
Replies:4 Avg. Rating:5
Views:6583 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard