Helpful
Replies

CUCM @ behaviour

youssef.ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

As per CUCM SRND

9.@ creates 166 route patterns.

Can anybody tell me what are those patterns?how CUCM creates those patterns?

BR,

Ahmed Kamal

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yousseff,

The @ symbol is a wildcard for CUCM route patterns.  It matches any number that can be dialed and is interpreted as a macro expansion.  For example, 9.@ in the NANPA would allow:

[2-9]11 Services

[2-9]XXXXXX 7-digit dialing

1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX 11-digit dialing

011! International dialing

When you use 9.@, you should use route filters to filter out what you want to exclude in terms of dialing permissions because it's a match all pattern.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Ahmed,

Hailey is correct (+5 to the bearded man) in that the "@" wildcard is a special macro.  The "@" wildcard instructs the CUCM to use a pre-loaded dial plan file to perform digit analysis.  The patterns are not created in the CUCM numplan database table (which would allow them to show up as a Route Pattern for example).

When using the "@" you can control routing behavior using Route Filters (Route Filters are exclusively used with patterns that leverage a pre-installed Dial Plan).  You also have a wide array of digit discard options when using "@" route/translation patterns.

You can load international dial plans as well.  Depending on the dial plan you are working with, there will be different rules.  You install a dial plan using a install package provided by Cisco.  How you install the package depends on the version of CM/CUCM you are running.  With 6x/7x you can use the Call Routing>Dial Plan Installer menu option.  You can also do editing from here too (though I have not done that myself).

I recommend looking at the following:

Dial Plan Deployment Guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/504_423/deploy/dpdg.html

In particular, if you are using something other than the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) then you will find this section of the deployment guide extremely helpful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/504_423/deploy/dpDlPlns.html

On Windows based CM systems you used to be able to open the NANP dial plan file and see what it is doing.  Now, you shouldn't edit the file but I am with you.  I like to see everything that the CUCM is assuming is part of the dial plan.  Unfortunately, I was never able to find a way to "read" the file from an appliance model.  Granted, I didn't look very long because I made sure I had a copy of the NANP.  So, if you are doing an international dial plan, see the link above as it will breakdown all the components based on the dial plan you are using EXCEPT for the NANP.  For that, see the attached text file.

Lastly, the area you want to read up on is how to use Route Filters.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

My boy Bill coming in with the big time follow-up. Yousseff, I believe you should have everything you need my friend.

High 5 (points, that is) to Bill for expanding.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

The route-patterns that you refer to are not  created directly by CUCM, they are logically included as part of the installed dial-plan as route-tags which are used to build expressions within route-filters and then applied to a specific route-pattern.

Route patterns use a dialed-digit string to determine how a call is handled.  Route filters only apply when you configure a pattern that contains the  at (@) wildcard. When the route pattern contains the @  wildcard, Cisco Unified Communications Manager routes calls according to  the numbering plan.  For example here is a sample of the NANP and route-tags:

# Interdigit timing between 7D and 10D metro numbers
# are added to the dialing tree by specifying patterns
# containing specific local area codes using route filters
# [2-9][02-9]X[2-9]XXXXXX
P:  [2-9][02-9]X    LOCAL-AREA-CODE
P:  [2-9]XX         OFFICE-CODE
P:  XXXX            SUBSCRIBER
T:  N

Therefore in order to create route-pattern which provides access to 7D or 10D metro numbers, a router-filter has to be created which includes the aforementioned route-tags.  For example, create a route-filter with a given name, and then select the tags listed above as exists, so that LOCAL-AREA-CODE EXISTS AND OFFICE-CODE EXISTS AND SUBSCRIBER EXISTS.

Once that filter is created you can then configure the 9.@ route-pattern and then select the NANP from the drop-down number-plan selection, you will then be able to select the route-filter that you created.  If you have multiple dial-plans installed only the filters created using a particular dial-plan will be available in the drop-down to select.

Please refer to the following URL for more information regarding route-filters:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03rtflt.html

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Ahmed,

WOW! You just got great answers from 3 top engineers and 3 of my FAVES here

@ NetPro; Hailey, Bill and Allan (+5 points each my friends for this excellent overview

of the 9@ macro and NANP

Cheers!

Huff

thanks all guys...i will follow ur links...thanks you all for valued replies\links