cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified CM Component Version mismatch

abu_khair
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 7.1(3b)SU2 [7.1.3.32900-4]. It was upgrade from 7.1(3b) [7.1.3.30000-1] during installation. The subscriber has been added successfully but when I run Unified CM Cluster Overview Report it shows me a Unified CM Component Version mismatch for more than one component. In corrupted component is not installed at all on the subscriber. This will affect the call process if I forced to IP phones to register on the subscriber.

Attached is the XML file for that report.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This can actually be a cosmetic issue based on how you added the Subscriber to the cluster.  Some components such as Cactus (and a number of others) have been stripped in newer releases of CUCM.  I ran into the same issue when I added a 4th Subscriber to an existing cluster and upgraded directly to the current cluster version during install as opposed to the install path the other servers had seen (base from factory, then upgrade to version XYZ).  At the time, I opened a TAC case and after a couple weeks - the case was escalated internally and the escalation engineer indicated this is usually a cosmetic issue.  My customer has had no issues since.  If it makes you feel better, put in the TAC case and get validation on whether it's an issue for you or not.  I suspect the answer is no.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This can actually be a cosmetic issue based on how you added the Subscriber to the cluster.  Some components such as Cactus (and a number of others) have been stripped in newer releases of CUCM.  I ran into the same issue when I added a 4th Subscriber to an existing cluster and upgraded directly to the current cluster version during install as opposed to the install path the other servers had seen (base from factory, then upgrade to version XYZ).  At the time, I opened a TAC case and after a couple weeks - the case was escalated internally and the escalation engineer indicated this is usually a cosmetic issue.  My customer has had no issues since.  If it makes you feel better, put in the TAC case and get validation on whether it's an issue for you or not.  I suspect the answer is no.

Hailey

In fact the installation path was the same for both CUCM and same media.. I am opening a TAC with Cisco and I will inform you once they solve it.

Yes, You are right.

Abu/David,

I am also having the same problem after upgrading from 7.1(3)b (7.1.3.30000-1) to 7.1(3)b SU2 (7.1.3.32900-4). Can you both please provide your TAC cases on this so that I can give my existing TAC engineer these SR numbers for reference.

Thank you,

Hunter Guillory, Sr. UC Engineer

Presidio Networked Solutions

CCIE #25780 (Voice)

SR 611197073

Hailey

Excellent, thank you.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hunter,

Just in case;

CSCsl71686 has been superseded by CSCsl61950 displayed below.

CSCsl61950            Bug Details

Cisco Unified Reporting does not handle upper case /etc/hosts correctly

Symptom:
reporting app is not handling the case correctly. I changed the /etc/hosts file
to have lower case and the report is generated correctly.

Conditions:
reporting app
mixed case chars in /etc/hosts

Workaround:

Further Problem Description:

StatusStatus
Fixed             

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product Product
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
5.1(3)
6.1(1)
7.0(0.9821.2)       

Fixed-In Fixed-in
7.0(0.39000.14)
6.1(1.9901.32)
5.1(3.9901.89)
5.1(3.2102.1)
6.1(1.2105.1)
6.1(2.1000.13)
7.0(0.66666.1)
7.0(0.66666.2)
7.0(1.11000.2)
6.1(3.9999.1)                                                          
Related Bug Information

CU Reporting CM Cluster Overview component versions are out of sync
Symptom: When using Cisco Unified Reporting, after you run CM Cluster Overview report the Component versions are always out of sync.  Conditions: The component versions shows which version of software components are installed on each node and this report indicates all components on all nodes are out of sync incorrectly. Inspecting via CU OS Admin CLI "show packages" indicates all components are infact in sync. Workaround:No workaround to get this report to reliably compare all components on all nodes. This section of the report can be ignored since it is not reliably showing which components are in fact out of sync.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Great feedback; I will reference this bug as well.

Regards,

Hunter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: