Views
Helpful
Replies

Design Section

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear,

Cisco technologies and features getting more and more complex and its need to be well prepared and designed before implemented or start working as expected

i think if we have a design section that help people to discuss technical issues and ideas from low and high level design perspective will be something unique in the net and remarkable

not to mention now Cisco has a full design track in term of certifications CCDA-CCDP-CCDE

my suggestion if we can have a section like bellow will be very helpful

Design :

Unified communications and video

Routing & switching

Data Center and UCS

Security

SP and MPLS

Wireless

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear,

Cisco technologies and features getting more and more complex and its need to be well prepared and designed before implemented or start working as expected

i think if we have a design section that help people to discuss technical issues and ideas from low and high level design perspective will be something unique in the net and remarkable

not to mention now Cisco has a full design track in term of certifications CCDA-CCDP-CCDE

my suggestion if we can have a section like bellow will be very helpful

Design :

Unified communications and video

Routing & switching

Data Center and UCS

Security

SP and MPLS

Wireless

Thank you

Hi Marwanshawi,

I agree with your suggestion we should have a Designing area where peoples can discuss about there existing designs and challenges they face to expand there network or how to design a network from scratch level what are the impact analysis with full redundancy in mind.It will be really helpful if somebody needs to deliver a solution to client or to anybody designing part always help to understand the solution will work with the existing products or needs to get changed.

Ganesh.H

Yes , i agree on the same and i too need the same during new device adding to the existing network

;CSC  Please help on the same

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

This suggestion has been on our radar for some time.  The question is will there be enough discussion volume to support specific "design" topics.  I'm curious to hear others thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan

first thanks for your response

my answer to your question will be based on my work experience with a Csico partner and also through my good contribution in cisco netpro

recently design in networking world becoming more important and complex than before as we all know this fact

consequently many challenges and issues arise within this area when designing a network from scratch or adding to an existing network

and I personally expect many people will participate in this section but in different levels/density based on the technology

for example you will find few TelePresence or vedio while higher number of questions/discussions in the UC or routing/ data center sections

also during the period i have been contributing in netpro i helped in may design discussions and also there are many other design questions solved by others in netpro in design field

not to mention now there is a full track of Cisco design certifications which might help people who preparing for any of these certifications to post and discuss technical design topics, also we might in the future get "ask the expert" in a certain design topic to discuss design from best practices respective with cisco experts

again this is from my personal point of view to the design section

one more thing, i think if netpro will have a design section i think it will be one of the first professional forums that contain this section !!

Regards,

Marwan

I think the design section would be great. I do see a lot of questions asked in other parts of the community about design so it would be great to have an area just for that.

Mike

jeremyneedle
Level 1
Level 1

Actually Cisco has a ton of Design documents that you should definitely check out. good stuff!

The "non" Partner docs

http://www.cisco.com/go/smartdesigns

The Partner docs

http://www.cisco.com/go/partner/smartdesigns

PDF's attached

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/smb/tools_and_resources/unified_comm.html

This would be a great section to do, specially for newbies to this site like me, who like to see things well organized.

By the way great input will check out these links for sure.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links