cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMP 5.1 => 5.2 Upgrade Issue? "An error has occurred..."

mpervere
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded from 5.1 to 5.2, and the VP and DMP upgrades went fine (other than the one 4305 I managed to "brick" in the process).  But

on the DMM upgrade, not so much.  All seemed to work well, except when trying to access the DMM admin post-install I get the following error message: ("An error has occurred.  Click on the button below to try again.  If this does not work, please contact your system administrator.)

browsererror.jpg

I suspected a DNS misconfiguration issue on the initial upgrade, but after verifying forward and reverse DNS FQDN's everywhere, I did a clean 5.1 build and upgrade to 5.2, and still the same issue.

Everything else seems to work fine.  AAI is accessible and it sync's with SaS, and there are not other visible errors reporting anywhere else along the way, but I can't seem to get past this (Tomcat?) error.

Ideas?

Thanks...

Mike

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue that is being addressed.

Description

Certificate disappears after upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2

Solution

• Regenerate Certificate by changing Hostname (can be the same hostname, just select “OK” w/o changing the name).
  • SnS First, then DMM
  • Reboot Server

This is from the AAI interface...
Let me know if this works..
T.

View solution in original post

Try the following:

• Which Browser are you using?  Erase\Delete\Empty the Browser Cache.
  • Restart Browser
  • Try Again

Let me know if this removes the error...

thanks

T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue that is being addressed.

Description

Certificate disappears after upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2

Solution

• Regenerate Certificate by changing Hostname (can be the same hostname, just select “OK” w/o changing the name).
  • SnS First, then DMM
  • Reboot Server

This is from the AAI interface...
Let me know if this works..
T.

Ah, the ever popular "this issue is being addressed"

It certainly appears to have helped.  It's still acting flaky and the error message still pops up, but now at least the "Go Back" button takes me to the DMM Admin screen and once I get there things behave appropriately.  Whereas before "Go Back" just sent on an endless loop.

Glad I asked...   Thanks!

Try the following:

• Which Browser are you using?  Erase\Delete\Empty the Browser Cache.
  • Restart Browser
  • Try Again

Let me know if this removes the error...

thanks

T.

Between another preemptive "clear out the cobwebs" DMM bounce and accessing DMM Admin with Chrome, all seems well.  Thanks...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: