Replies

Cisco 2500

Cisco 2500

Unit 0, memory error, csr0=0x88c3

??

Message was edited by: Barbara Chamberlain

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When is the error generating?  i.e. during boot, after post, during normal operation, randomly

Does the error lock the system up, cause performance issues, or does the device automatically restart?

while i dont agree with the last comment made it doesn't mean that you can't replace it.  You don't have to upgrade with a more up to date product, but you probabally can replace the 2500 for 10-30USD.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rwagner
Level 1
Level 1

Do you get any other messages with the error?

It could be hardware failure or just be that the memory isn't big enough to load something, like the config.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a00801545eb.shtml

Also double check to make sure the flash is securely in place as a loose/damaged flash card can also spit this out for you.

No other errors, devices is used as a terminal server FEP

Replace with current product.

When is the error generating?  i.e. during boot, after post, during normal operation, randomly

Does the error lock the system up, cause performance issues, or does the device automatically restart?

while i dont agree with the last comment made it doesn't mean that you can't replace it.  You don't have to upgrade with a more up to date product, but you probabally can replace the 2500 for 10-30USD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: