IOS 12.4.24T ephone-hunt missed

Answered Question
Apr 5th, 2010

Hello All,

I am configuring SRST in an IOS 12.4.24T2 and the ephone-hunt command has dissapeared.

But, in 12.4.15T10 it is and works.

Do you know if this is a bug or there is another way to configure a hunt group in 12.2.24T?

Many thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by William Bell about 4 years 2 weeks ago

If you bought, paid for, and planned to use CUCME as your SRST solution then you will use telephony-service. If you were planning use plain SRST, then you can remove the telephony-service. It will not impact SRST operations to remove the config.

Regards,

Bill

Average Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
William Bell Mon, 04/05/2010 - 12:44

While I won't argue with my colleague's assessment on whether a version of IOS is buggy or "very buggy" I would like to point out that I am somewhat confused. The original post said you were trying to use ephone-hunt with SRST but I am under the distinct impression that this command is not applicable. Meaning, you use the ephone-hunt configurations with CME (and I suppose you can use this with SRST as well, assuming you are using a CME-SRST deployment model).

I am running 12.4.24T and I do have the ephone-hunt config. To have access to this config you will need to configure the telephony-service (which is CME). Once you do this, you will be able to configure ephone-hunt.

If you aren't licensed for CME or can't use CME for another reason, then you may need to look at using the alias command under call-manager-fallback (this is SRST) mode.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

mcecilia Mon, 04/05/2010 - 23:45

Thanks all for your answer.

About what you say, William, I only need to redirect calls to a hunt-group in an SRST situation.

Then, do I need the telephony-service? Will it impact in the SRST behaviour?

Thanks again for your help.

Correct Answer
William Bell Tue, 04/06/2010 - 12:49

If you bought, paid for, and planned to use CUCME as your SRST solution then you will use telephony-service. If you were planning use plain SRST, then you can remove the telephony-service. It will not impact SRST operations to remove the config.

Regards,

Bill

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted April 5, 2010 at 8:46 AM
Stats:
Replies:4 Avg. Rating:4
Views:578 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard