cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection (CUCMBE 7.1(2)) in VMWare quality issues?

I have CUCMBE 7.X installed in a quad core 2.4Ghz system with 8Gb RAM.  When Unity is playing prompts or messages, the audio occasionally "blips" or "hiccups".  Is this inherant to a VMWare install?  Or have people running CUC on VMWare had clean audio?  I'm just not sure if it's how its supposed to be or if I have some other issue.

Thanks

Rob

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Oh my yes. I have experiences the same with CUCMBE 6x, Unity 5x/7x, and CUC 7x running in vmware. I have never really worried about it because it is a test lab setup. I even have the same on UCCX. I am running on a quad core server with 16GB RAM and I have 8 or so VMs active at the same time. Every once in a while Unity/CUC will pitch a fit but for the most part I roll with it.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Say it with me now: "Noooot supported."

UCMBE uses the RedHat Kernel Virtualization to keep UCM and Unity Connections separate. If you are running this on VMware ESX, then you are effectively running a virtual machine within a virutal machine. The VMware support in 8.0 will not cover this installation model.

My apologies. I thought that part was obvious but maybe I am being naïve. I would never run UC apps on vmware in production. I won't even do it on 8.0 when it first comes out, if you want to get down to it. Not necessarily because of vmware but because I don't run .0 anything unless one of my customers really, really has to have it. At the pace we have been getting UC software releases lately, the .0 will be yesterday's news in a matter of weeks. But, that is a completely different topic.

Oh, also shouldn't "Noooot" actually spelled "newt"? Sorry, caffeine balance issue today. Haven't determined if it is "I need more" or "I had too much". Likely the latter.

+5 to Jonathan for noting something that is very important and which I was taking for granted.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: