cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure Guest Access on AP541N

dthorson
Level 1
Level 1

The Data Sheet on the Cisco AP 541N Wireless Access Point (features and benefits) says it includes an easy-to-follow graphical user interface to guide you through the setup of a guest network.  This highly secure guest access solution lets visitors get online without granting them any visibility into your business network and without impeding the performance of your business applications.  I have logged in directly via a web browser to the ap541n and did not find options for setting up a guest network.  Also tried using Cisco Configuration Assistant ver 2.2, and reviewed the admin guide as well to no preval.  Any clarity, assistance greatly appreciated.  Starting to look like this functionality is a misstatement.

4 Replies 4

harley1977
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into the same issue. I've been able to setup everything else without issue, however, there is no refrence to the network isolation that is advertised. I just want to have a guest SSID that clients can connect to without having to worry about them also having access to server ip's. This is functionality that has been advertised.

Highly secure guest access: In a world where technology touches 
virtually every aspect of business operations, vendors and customers 
often need to access the Internet when visiting your business location. 
The Cisco AP 541N includes an easy-to-follow graphical user interface 
(GUI) to guide you through the setup of a guest network. This highly 
secure guest access solution lets visitors get online without granting 
them any visibility into your business network and without impeding the 
performance of your business applications. The solution even lets you 
provide a welcome screen to greet visitors using your guest network (it 
could be a welcome screen or company policy).

Question is, HOW?

Any one got an update on this, I am looking at purchasing two of these

units, but it seems there is no repsonse.

Does the guest access option really works?

Goldfinger...

If you have vlans setup, then yes you can create a guest wlan on one vlan, and have it automatically redirect the end user to a terms of service page hosted on a website.

You can then setup a wlan on another vlan (corporate) and have it for your corporate wireless clients.

Thanks!

Chris

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it works in conjunction with VLANs. If the other parts of your network (switches, router) already have a guest VLAn setup, you add a virtual WiFi network (Virtual Access Point,  a second SSID) and link this WiFi network to the VLAN. The linking of the SSI with the VLAN is being doen in the GUI of the AP541N

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: