LMS discovers devices, but says they are unreachable...

Answered Question
Apr 5th, 2010
User Badges:

When I run discovery LMS finds everything in the range I specify but only says 2 are reachable. The reachable devices are ones that I previously used as seeders. I verified SNMP credentials are good. Any reason why this is happening? No errors that I can find. Versions below and thanks for any help:

Versions.jpg

Correct Answer by Joel Monge about 7 years 3 weeks ago

This is the problem, you only have one target: 10.1.1.0. LMS will only try to match the community against this target. Change the target to "*.*.*.*", this will include all devices and all will show "reachable" now. Assuming that community you have matches what the device has of course.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
howlingthunder Mon, 04/05/2010 - 14:19
User Badges:

SNMP Settings below. Also I have used individual addresses instead of the network address with the same result.

Correct Answer
Joel Monge Mon, 04/05/2010 - 14:22
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

This is the problem, you only have one target: 10.1.1.0. LMS will only try to match the community against this target. Change the target to "*.*.*.*", this will include all devices and all will show "reachable" now. Assuming that community you have matches what the device has of course.

howlingthunder Mon, 04/05/2010 - 14:49
User Badges:

OK. They are reachable now. Getting inventory and image will come in time I suppose. Thanks for the assist - much appreciated.

Actions

This Discussion