cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS discovers devices, but says they are unreachable...

howlingthunder
Level 1
Level 1

When I run discovery LMS finds everything in the range I specify but only says 2 are reachable. The reachable devices are ones that I previously used as seeders. I verified SNMP credentials are good. Any reason why this is happening? No errors that I can find. Versions below and thanks for any help:

Versions.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is the problem, you only have one target: 10.1.1.0. LMS will only try to match the community against this target. Change the target to "*.*.*.*", this will include all devices and all will show "reachable" now. Assuming that community you have matches what the device has of course.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SNMP Settings below. Also I have used individual addresses instead of the network address with the same result.

This is the problem, you only have one target: 10.1.1.0. LMS will only try to match the community against this target. Change the target to "*.*.*.*", this will include all devices and all will show "reachable" now. Assuming that community you have matches what the device has of course.

OK. They are reachable now. Getting inventory and image will come in time I suppose. Thanks for the assist - much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: