Views
Helpful
Replies

Third Party DLU for Aastra

khaledacs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a customer has 200 Aastra sip phones. He cant replace all phones with Cisco one shot. I advised him to get Communication manager + third party DLU licenses.

The issue is I dont know the DLU consumption for third party Phones. What I have read is : Basic phone will get 3 DLU and advanced phone will get 6 DLU. this classification is not clear for me.

If anyone had experienced integrating Cisco Communication Manager with Aastra phones 53i and 57i, I would be happy to get answer for my issue regarding the consumption of DLU.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All the differences between basic and advanced are here:

Configuring Non-Cisco SIP Phones

Once you know what each one can do you can define if you're good with them as basic or if you need advanced.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

As I understand it, a 'basic' SIP phone is one which is capable of making basic calls, and an advanced SIP phone would be one that might have extra features such as video calling.

When you configure the phones, you add them as either type and the decision on which type they are belongs to you.

The DLUs are the same DLUs that you use for Cisco phones, so if you provision enough DLUs to cover the Cisco phones your post suggests you will migrate to, you would be able to delete a SIP phone, add a Cisco one, and not have to purchase more DLUs.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

All the differences between basic and advanced are here:

Configuring Non-Cisco SIP Phones

Once you know what each one can do you can define if you're good with them as basic or if you need advanced.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Javalenc,

The link was helpful. its to the point.

Thanks alot.

Regards

khaled

Aaron,

thanks for your reply. I thought that the customer has to purchase separate DLU. Its good that both DLU are the same.

But what if phones has an advanced feature and I want to add it as a basic phone. ?? is it possible ??

anyway, all phones that the customer has it look like basic phones. No video camera.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: