Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3560E-12D-E and CVR-X2-SFP TwinGig Converter Module

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I wanted to know if there was any specific command to add in a WS-C3560E-12D-E (c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-50.SE2) in order for a TwinGig Converter Module to be recognized.

In the docs, it seems the hw-module module <m>  port-group <p> select gigabitethernet is dealing only with 4500 Sup.

Indeed, on a remote site two Twin Gig converters have been installed on Ten0/9 and Ten0/10 10G slots, but in the show inventory I do not see nothing Twin converter (on the running I see Gig0/1-24 and TenGi0/1-12).

Please before doing any further action, can someone confirm me if I have to configure anything on the 3560 (the only hw-module I have on config mode is  hw-module module 1 logging...) OR if these Twin converted should be recognized automatically

Thanks a lot

Best regards.

Karim

3 Replies 3

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

I believe there are 2 CVR-X2-SFP models, V01 & V02. The key difference is C3560E-12 switches only recongnised the V02. Lower models switches uses V01.

Hello Francisco,

Thanks for your feedback. I will check this day what is the exact version of the CVR-X2-SFP module and provide you a feedback.

Thanks anyway.

Karim

Fracisco,

I have been on site and the reload fixed my issue => The TwinGig converters have been detected automatically, so no additional command to enter on the 3560E.

Anyway thank you for the tip about the v1 and v2 modules compatibility with the 3560E-12...

Regards.

Karim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco