Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade from 5.1(3g) to 6.1(4a)

Nishit Bhosale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Need to upgrade existing cucm cluster running with software version 5.1(3g) to 6.1(4a).

We got dvd from cisco but unable to upgrade from dvd.

Can any one provide exact name of the file required to upgrade version from 5.1(3g) to 6.1(4a)

We have below mentioned hardware in our cluster.

MCS7825 I2-K9-CMA2 & MCS7825 I3-K9-CMA2

Regards,

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What error do you get?

There should be multiple DVDs in your upgrade media kit, the one for upgrading from 5.x is marked as such and is different to the one used for upgrading from another 6.x release...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

We have received three DVD from cisco. The DVD has the following label “ Upgrade from 5.1(2)+ to 6.1(4a) “  and contaims “ cisco-ipt-k9-patch6.1.4.2000-2.tar.gz.sgn” image.

we tried it with all the CUCM nodes. got  error msg  and also tried to upload the same file via sftp .However  the same error msg was displayed everytime.

Pl find error message in attached file.

Regards,

Nishith

I never have luck with the DVDs.  if you can, download the the 6.14A from CCO and merge the files into one sgn file. (instructions in the release notes)

Then use an SFTP program   I use this one and it works everytime    http://www.coreftp.com/server/download/msftpsrvr.exe    CUCM can be picky about the SFTP server.

Use SFTP, not FTP.

Then it should work.

Hi,

I think if we need to upgrade from 5.x to 6.x we have to purchase upgrade via PUT from Cisco. Its not downloadable throgh cisco site with CCO login.

If we need to upgarde version within 6.x then i can download it from cisco site.

If you have exact file name of 6.1(4a) please provide

Regards,
Nishit Bhosale

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: