Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS message import failure to Unity Conection 7

richardpierce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am attempting to import messages from unity 4.0(5) to Unity connection 7. Unfortunately I fails every time with the following message "SocketError: WSAECONNREFUSED No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".

I have followed the configuration steps described in the documentation and tutorials. The import works well for greetings etc. but not for messages.

I have attached a word doc with the secreen shots from my setup. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Richard.

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

2 things:  The machine you are running the COBRAS Import tool on...is there a firewall enabled on that machine?

Second, before running the COBRAS tool - did you connect to the CUC server and install the self-signed certificate on your local PC?  In some cases, I've found that leaving a session open helps alleviate some issues.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

There's a couple troubleshooting sections in the help file that run down the ports used and has some tips here - just one clarification since a lot of folks stumble on this.

Greetings and voice names gets moved on/off the Connection server using HTTP - messages are imported using strictly SMTP.  They have nothing at all in common and one working has no bearing on the other working.  Notably the certificate that trips folks up comes into play only for greetings and voice names (HTTP) - it has no bearing on SMTP traffic.

The two most common problems I see escalated are the security for SMTP is not disabled properly.  I've seen that dozens of times - double check that the SMTP server setup on Connection allows for connections from untrusted IP Addresses, the "Require Authentication from Untrusted IP addresses" is UNchecked AND the Transport layer security from Untrusted IP Addresses is set to "Disabled" - if any of those are not configured that way you'll get active refusals of connections.

The 2nd most common issue here is a security application like Norton in play - they will block outbound SMTP traffice off the Windows box you're on by default - frustratingly many of them allow the first connection attempt up front sometimes and it will fail _later_ when messages are being sent in.  Very annoying... this thwarts the up front check to see if the path is open before the import begins.

Either way something is either blocking the SMTP traffic or the server is not accepting inbound SMTP traffic - one or the other.

Thank you both for the information and suggestions.

As you both suggested it turned out to be a problem with the importing machine. I tired a different machine with no FW or anti-virus software and it now works well.

Regards,

Richard.

This helped me get my imports to work!  Thanks for taking the time to explain this!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: