cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Presence Line Status

sbeauton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm installed Presence 7.x and everything is setup and working correctly.   The customer has six lines on there phone and would like to show there phone status and they want it to show all the lines and not just there primary line.   I know that Presence hook state runs off the primary line but does anyone know of a way around this.  I trying to show the Hook Status for all six lines programmed on the phone.  Hope this makes sense.  Thanks in advance for your help

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe that if you go to the Line that you have associated to the device and scroll to the bottom, you will see a section that says: "Users Associated with Line". Add your CUPS user ID to this section (click "Associate End Users" button) and save the config for the line. This should resolve your issue.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yes you can do that but the max users you can add is only 5.  Also in CCM when you have an end user you have to associate a primary line to that user.   This is what presence uses while using  the CUPC client.   I can only choose one ext on the end user page.   I really think that this is a limitation of CUPS but I really do appreicate your help.   Thanks

Hi

My understanding is that in early presence versions, the primary line was used.

In 6+ the line appearance (linked from line to user, not the other way round) is used, so you can have multiple lines.

Not sure when you would want to link one line to more than 5 users - kind of defeats the point of presence really.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Actually, I think that the requirement to use the primary line assigned to the CUCM user for CUPS is version dependant. Starting in CUPS release 6.0(1) there is a feature available where your presence status is based on the Line/User association I describe in my initial reply. Here is a link to the CUPS release notes that may explain this better than I am:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_6/english/rel_notes/cup602ESrn.html#wp38853

As far as having more than 5 users associated to a line. Well, I agree with Aaron on this point.

Anyway, HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yeah, agreed - in v7, I'm sure it's a case of:

- Primary line - used to determine which line should be CTI-controlled

- Line appearance associations - 'on the phone' status

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: