connected line ID presentation set to restricted it does not forward the

extension information to voice mail and it goes to the general greeting not the

voice mail box for the user?

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chris,

What do you mean by "display restriction". Are you talking about modifying a translation pattern to restrict the connected/called party information? Could you give some additional info about what you are trying to accomplish with the restrictions?

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yes I am blocking the calling and connected number to the extension when a caller calls my extension 2096 it show private on there end and no number for the connected. I have a translation pattern that matches on 2096 that is in there partition which allows them to call it. The calls rings my phone shows there calling information, rings 4 times then should go to my voice mail box. That is were the issue is, it goes to the general voice mail box because it is not seeing that it is coming from 2096. If I change the connected line ID presentation on the 2096 translation pattern to allow it works correctly. But that defeats the purpose.

I am not able to reproduce this situation. I have a configuration like yours and when my calls are forwarded they are received by VM and integrated successfully. I have tried to remove voicemail profile, restricting calling/called, etc. Everything works.

So, either I am missing something in my test or there is some software defect amiss. In my test I used CUCM 7.1(3b)su2 and CUC 7.1(3b)SU2. What versions are you running?

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I am using  System version: 6.1.2.1002-1. I have 2 separtate partitions, my group in one and everyone else in another. I have the CS on the VM pilot set with both PT's. Of course it fails on outside calls coming into my extension as well. Does the exact same thing?

Thanks

I opened a TAC case on this, they suggested that I create a voicemail profile for each

of my support extensions and use the voicemail mask in the profile. Then set that profile

for the extension number it corresponds with. That fixed the issue I was having and now

everything is working correctly. Just wanted to let everyone know. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: