cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any issues running 3.3(4b) Fabric Manager on 3.3(1c) switches?

mattkauffmann
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing a little pre SAN-OS upgrade work (and changing out my FM Server backend DB from Postgres to Oracle 10g) and I see that the clone option is back (finally) in 3.3.(4b) fabric manager.
We've run newer versions of Fabric Manager before, ran 3.1.x on a 3.0.x fabric for a while so I'm just wondering if I could upgrade my production management FM server (not just data collection but management) from the current SAN OS to a newer one before I install SAN-OS 3.3(4b) on my switches?  It should be backwards compatible but . . . just wondering if someone else has the scars from this sort of activity.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dynamoxxx
Level 5
Level 5

i have FM 4.1b managing 3.3.x switches, no problems that i have seen.

@dynamoxxx

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dynamoxxx
Level 5
Level 5

i have FM 4.1b managing 3.3.x switches, no problems that i have seen.

@dynamoxxx

Yeah that's the answer I'm getting from Cisco too.  We've had some real flakey behaviour at odd times lately (zone sets that are inserted into the active zoneset but disappear when you try to activate, zone set renames that dont' take etc.) which all seem to be Java issues (i.e . it's slow and flakey and you're rdp'd to the FM server so that's in there too.)  But we need to redo the FM server anyway and thought I'd make sure it was o.k. to upgrade at the same time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: