Views
Helpful
Replies

vlans and hsrp problem

erodrig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have two catalyst 6509 (switch A and Switch B) with portchannel and hsrp between them, i have some vlans configured in both, but my problem is when the active interface (switch A) going down, the standby interface (switch B) don`t becomes active until i put the interface in shutdown and the no shutdown, is the only way that become active and the interface vlan going to up

the ios is 12.2(33)SXH5

any idea?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, apart from vlan 98 on switch B it all looks okay.

So which interfaces are you having issues with ?

Are all the vlans allowed across the etherchannel trunk ?

Could you shutdown one of the active vlan interfaces on switch A and then post "sh standby "

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post a "sh standby brief" from both switches ?

Jon

hi Jon

here`s the "sh stand br" from both switches

thanks

Okay, apart from vlan 98 on switch B it all looks okay.

So which interfaces are you having issues with ?

Are all the vlans allowed across the etherchannel trunk ?

Could you shutdown one of the active vlan interfaces on switch A and then post "sh standby "

Jon

hi

the problem is specially with the interface vlan 104, the vlan allowed on etherchannel are 13,100,185,194,222,223

there is no vtp domain, the switches are in transparent mode and the switches from idf are foundry, here`s a diagram.

unfortunately i can`t shut any interface because the equipment are in production, do you think that maybe the issue is in the IDF (foundry) equipment?

i will try to get the config from them

thanks

erodrig wrote:

hi

the problem is specially with the interface vlan 104, the vlan allowed on etherchannel are 13,100,185,194,222,223

there is no vtp domain, the switches are in transparent mode and the switches from idf are foundry, here`s a diagram.

unfortunately i can`t shut any interface because the equipment are in production, do you think that maybe the issue is in the IDF (foundry) equipment?

i will try to get the config from them

thanks

You need to allow vlan 104 on the etherchannel so that the 2 switches can send HSRP packets for that vlan to each other.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card