Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP-SSM Upgrade Procedure

Hi There,

I know that there is a existing thread with the same subject but it doesn't answer a question that I have.

During the upgrade process, does the sensor (AIP SSM module) only reboot or will the whole ASA reboot as well.

If the sensor reboots, the traffic will passthrough if that's the way its configured. If the ASA reboots then there will be some disruption in the production environment. Hence my query.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

cheers

Trevor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When upgrading the AIP-SSM module, only the module will reload. ASA will not reload.

If you configure the ASA policy map to "fail-open", when the AIP-SSM module reloaded, traffic through the ASA will still pass through, and bypass the AIP-SSM module.

Hope that answers your question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When upgrading the AIP-SSM module, only the module will reload. ASA will not reload.

If you configure the ASA policy map to "fail-open", when the AIP-SSM module reloaded, traffic through the ASA will still pass through, and bypass the AIP-SSM module.

Hope that answers your question.

Hi,

yup. that certainly answers my question.

Thank a lot for the speedy reply. Really appreciate it.

This is the first time that I am using this forum and i can guarantee that it won't be the last.

Thanks a lot!!

cheers,

Trevor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card