cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hacker attacks

Arup Dutta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,                  i am facing  a big problem that are continuing attack from the outside into my network. we identified that public ip but cant recognises it. so please help me out how i can prevent this attacking.    i appreciate you comments

7 Replies 7

chris.howe
Level 1
Level 1

A bit more information would be useful! That's like saying "my car isn't working... how do I fix it?"

Chris

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Go to this website and enter the IP Address (http://whois.domaintools.com).  Now you know where it came from.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply but the thing like that i want to block

this particular ip attack into my firewall so that it never happen again.

can i do ?

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:26 PM, leolaohoo <

What is your firewall???  More info please.

Hi,

i have cisco ASA 5510. i would like to stop attacking from this

particular IP how i can do it .

please help me.

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM, leolaohoo <

Arup

access-list outside_in deny ip host any

access-group outside_in in interface outside

Couple of things -

1) you may already have an access-list on your outside interface so just add the first line above to the access-list

2) Ideally if you manage the border router ie. the router beyond your firewall that connects to your ISP you would want to apply the acl there.

Jon

Hi,

blocking one particular ip on your FW or router will not make the attack never happen again.

If this is a real hacker attack, the hacker might be using some botnet. So there's no problem to use another "slave" PC and continue with the attack from a different source IP address.

Blocking one IP address would bring you only a short time.

What you need is analysing what kind of attack is used. And deploying some IPS blocking this kind of attack from any source address dynamically.

BR,

Milan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card