cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export quarantines

simonpilch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we have a new c360 appliance that i have now set up to take over from out c300 appliance is there anyway to get the current emails that are in the quarantines on the c300 onto the quarantines on the c360 so we dont lose any emails?

6 Replies 6

robertrenner
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same situation here, but as far as i know, there is no way for that.

Thanks for letting me know i am not the only one in the situation was hoping that the drives could be removed or something simple but never mind.

since ironport is replacing all the old c300's appliances, i guess there are a lot of other admins out there facing the same problem. may ironport should develope a tool or a procedure for that.

currently it's not possbile (see:

Answer ID (IronPort Support Knowledge Base)

)

\\Rob

Just a thought if i was to install my new Ironport with the exact same setup as my old ironport i.e i.ps and routes and then let that take over then my old ironport change the internal i.p and set the smtp route up as my new Ironport would this work so i could release the old quarantines until they were all gone as the new device would take over all new quarantined email

*phu*

yes, this might be possible, but to be honest, this requires a lot of work and time (and you loose the "scheduled-out" times of the mails) ... in our case this is not possible.

any other ways are welcome 

I totally understand the requirement. Actually it's a not a situation happening periodically and all the quarantine messages will be deleted or released after a scheduled time at last, that means no need to manage it manually. A workaround for that is to keep the old c300 appliance running for a period until all the quarantined messages have been deleted or relased.