Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N and iPhone VPN

Zorglub75
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings everyone,

I was very interested by the Cisco Small Business WRVS4400N router and all its features.

But before buying I would like to understand one key point and could not really find anwsers while searching the web.

I currently have an iPhone and need to connect to my home via a VPN whether it's for securing traffic when on a public hotspot or need to access some remote resources.

I understood that this router requires to use the Cisco QuickVPN client on computers, but is it possible to create a working VPN connection to this router on my iPhone ? "simple" L2TP ? OR is the native Cisco VPN client on it sufficient ?

In advance, thank you !

Zorglub

2 Replies 2

rimeligraket
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

Did you ever resolve your problem? I'm faced with the same troubles right now...

/rimeligraket

Unfotunetly the cisco WRVS4400 doesn't support iphone vpn client which is based on the cisco vpn client and is doing a vpn over IPSEC. The only possibility to do the VPN is to have after the router a host based VPN server which support the protocols or a minimum 800 series cisco router in order to be able to login with the iphone.