cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 504 after upgrade to 7.4.4 Phone does not provision - even with the simplest config files

FlyingDoctor_2
Level 1
Level 1

Syslog message: LOCAL0.INFO: SPA504G 00:25:84:d8:c2:03 -- Successful resync http://secprov2.xxx.com/sipura/Configurator.aspx?type=504G&mac=002584d8c203&mode=update

contents of config file

<flat-profile>
<SIP_User_Agent_Name ua="na" >D5FRIG-$VERSION</SIP_User_Agent_Name>
</flat-profile>

17    12:52:43.271073    192.168.1.69    88.215.56.187    Syslog    LOCAL0.INFO: SPA504G 00:25:84:d8:c2:03 -- Resync failed: corrupt file\n

23 Replies 23

icastrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

i'm not sure why it's not workign in your case but i managed to get the phone provisioned in 7.4.4 using your example:

FMM >>>> Requesting profile
content len (pld) =102
SPA504G 00:25:84:d8:d0:aa -- Successful resync tftp://192.168.1.102:69/nacho_2.xml
SPA504G 00:25:84:d8:d0:aa -- Successful resync tftp://192.168.1.102:69/nacho_2.xml
FMM >>>> Successful profile
PRV pc=1

I have enclosed the xml file for your reference...has it been encrypted in your case? if so, did you use the SPC tool?

Thanks!

-nacho

I took a phone that was working fine

did the upgrade and then the provisioning started to fail

I iterated around removing content till we were left with just the xml I showed

The provisioning is from a Windows server using IIS (normally over SSL)

No other  encryption is used as the content is created dynamically

can you try you example using http - I will try with tftp (which is not an option for us)

I took a phone that was working fine

did the upgrade and then the provisioning started to fail

I iterated around removing content till we were left with just the xml I showed

The provisioning is from a Windows server using IIS (normally over SSL)

No other  encryption is used as the content is created dynamically

can you try you example using http - I will try with tftp (which is not an option for us)

IIS uses "chunked transfer encoding"  - I think it does not like that - but every other SPAXXXX (thousands of them) device works fine

I cannot see anything in the release notes about a provisioning change

we've tried with HTTP without any issue... what if i give you my MAC address so that i can try to get tmy phone provisioned in your setup?

Stand easy - we have found the issue - The 504 (not tried the 502 yet) running 7.4.4 does not like some IIS website settings (dont have the detail yet)

The scary things are

• Every other SPAxxxx product (I think we have all of them still live,  back to the SPA2000) on every other firmware release we have ever used - workes fine
  • The 525G on 7.4.4 also works fine
  • There is nothing in the release notes which hints at a change in this area

Have you worked out what was causing it? I've got a system on Apache and am seeing the same issue with JUST the 504, even the 508 provisions which is mad considering it looks like the same firmware file. I'm trying to rule out typos etc before I bore you lot with the details..

S

EDIT: Sorry, 508 is broken too. At least it makes more sense...

I can confirm the issue. I have a file that is accepted by 7.4.3 but rejected by 7.4.4 as corrupt. If someone from a Cisco address contacts steve.howes@poundbury.com I can give you a URL to provision with.

Hi,

it was "chunked transfer encoding" in the html - nothing wrong with the XML, so must be an undocumented change to the phone browser

look at the html from your server using wireshark, you need to find a way to turn off chuncking on the server

not sure how we did it, but our xml is generated namically from an application so was done progromatically

Stuart

Yep, it's definately broken handling of chunked encoding. I added a Content-length header in PHP to override it's use of chunked encoding and the phone took it. Guessing the HTTP stack on the phones was upgraded and not mentioned in release notes? Either way, the fix if you use PHP is to do put all the profile into a variable rather than outputting it as you go, and then do:

header("Content-length: " . strlen($profile));

echo $profile;

So Apache/IIS etc doesn't chunk it.
S

Does Cisco have any thoughts on this?

Hi Steve

Sorry for the late reply, I'm checking with engineering whether there was any (undocumented) change in the HTTP stack in 7.4.4. I'll get back to you guys soon!

Thanks!

-nacho

I am also seeing this issue to with 7.4.4.  If I drop the firmware back to 7.4.3 it provisions fine (Apache over SSL).

Hi

are you seeing this issue when sending only one chunk or do you see this also when sending multiple chunks?

Thanks!

-nacho

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: