Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade CSA v5.2 to v6.0.1: software update not available on CSA 5.2

nicocallens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Today I upgraded a CSA v5.2 to v6.0.1 on the same physical server.

During the installation process there was a failure (import migration data) and the installation process was unable to find the .xml and .dat files in the migration\export folder of the 5.2 MC. All related problems I could solve by manually exporting from v5.2 and importing to v6.0.1.

When I try to schedule a software update on the 5.2 MC to migrate and upgrade the 5.2 agents to the 6.0.1 MC, the new software updates (6.0.1) are not available. Although by the 6.0 install guide they should. I suppose something went wrong registering the software updates during the installation process.

At this moment CSA v5.2 and v6.0.1 coexist on the same machine and CSA agents (v5.2) are still connecting to the 5.2 MC. Only the MC CSA agent connects to 6.0 MC.

Is there a way to make the 6.0 software updates appear on the 5.2 MC? So I can use a scheduled software update to migrate them to 6.0 MC.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nico

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

It sounds like a problem that occurs when the command window is closed before the migration is complete.

You may be able to run the register_software_update.sql script or use the prepare_52_migration.exe to migrate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

It sounds like a problem that occurs when the command window is closed before the migration is complete.

You may be able to run the register_software_update.sql script or use the prepare_52_migration.exe to migrate.

Thanks, your solution re-running the prepare_52_migration.exe worked for my problem.

regards,

Nico

I have the same problem i have upgraded to 6.0.2 but there are no software updates available on my 5.2 console

i have tried running prepare_52_migration.exe but this didnt correct the problem

I have a remote database so how to i run the sql script and on which system

Try running the prepare_52_migration.exe in a command window after you disable security on the MC.

Tom

Still no joy

does this mean i need to run the sql script and if so how

If you have SQL Management Studio installed you should be able to suspend security and run the script.

If not, you would need to suspend security and run sqlcmd

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: