cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Party Transformation - CM7.02

TJ Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 7.0.2 currently and am working on getting calls to display properly in the missed calls section of the IP Phones.  I have an integration through a H.323 gateway to an Avaya PBX using PRIs.  The Avaya and the Cisco CM are setup to dial 4 digits between them.  I setup a calling party transformation so that the Cisco phones will only see 4 digits coming from the Avaya phones. That worked like it was supposed to.  The problem that I am seeing is that the active call will display the correct 4 digit caller id, however if you look in your missed calls, it is showing the full 10 digit number and not just the 4 digits.  I'm curious if anyone has had any luck getting this to work and what I might be missing.

Thanks,

Tom

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Where are you assigning the transformation patterns? I am not necessarily surprised by the symptoms you are seeing. I am also wondering if would just make more sense to apply your transformation as a translation-rule on your H.323 gateway. Something like

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /^202555/ //

!

voice translation-profile ModifyAvayaCalledParty

translate calling 10

!

dial-peer voice 3000 voip

description CUCM dial-peer

translation-profile outgoing ModifyAvayaCalledPary

session target

!

Basically, this tells the h323 gateway to chop off 202555 from the CLID before sending the call to CUCM. Based on your description you always want station-to-station calls from Avaya to Cisco to present a 4d CLID. IMO, it is best to adjust this IE element at the first possible (and logical) leg of the call setup path. Which, in your case, would be the H323 dial-peer.

But, if you really want to use transformation patterns then let us know where you are trying to apply them.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I originally had it setup with that translation pattern on the gateway.  The only problem was that the Avaya phones were only showing 4 digits going out to the PSTN.  I was going to apply a transformation pattern instead so that all calls coming across the trunks from the Avaya to the Cisco would display correctly and that the Avaya would display 10 digits going out to the PSTN.  This is where I found the problem in the call logs.

Any thoughts?

So, the avaya is using the CUCM to tandem route to the PSTN. Does the PSTN leg of this call path sit on the same gateway used for station-to-station calling? If so, then apply the translation-profile in the egress direction on the CUCM voip dial-peer would not affect the Avaya-to-PSTN tandem calls. If you stuck the translation-profile on the ingress pots/voip dial-peer from Avaya, then it would affect Avaya-to-PSTN calls.

Now, if your PSTN call leg is hosted on another voice gateway attached to CUCM (e.g. Avaya Phone->VoiceGW->CUCM->VoiceGW->PSTN) then you could use several voip dial-peers on the H.323 VoiceGW to accomplish this. You would have multiple dial-peers for station-to-station calling and you could have dial-peers for PSTN tandem routes. You could have Avaya preserve the off net prefix code (e.g. "9") or you could preserve whatever prefix you use in the Avaya route tables (is it the ARS table that does that?). Anyway, the voip dial-peers that are for station-to-station calling can have the translation profile assigned while the PSTN tandem route voip dial-peers don't.

Just one approach.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

I got it figured out.  Thanks for helping me point in the right direction.  I added a translation rule on the VOIP dial peers pointed at the call manager.  Here is what I added......

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /212232\([2-8]...\)/ /\1/

rule 2 /232\[2-8]...\)/ /\1/

Anything with either a 10 or 7 digit number that is within my dial-plan will be stripped prior to getting to the CCM.  I applied this rule outgoing on the voip dial peer that is targeted to the CCM.

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for the follow up and glad to be of assistance.

Regards,

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: