cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Detail (911 calls)

bill.wittke
Level 1
Level 1

Long story short, we are having a problem with someone call 911 and hanging up.  I have our VoIP gateway (2821) set up inside of MARS (v6).  I can see when someone dials 911 (%ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial0/2/0:22 is now connected to 911 N/A) but it does not give me the Calling party (extension).

Has anybody done anything like this or any ideas what I might be missing?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bill;

From a CS-MARS perspective, if the details are not in the syslog messages received from the 2821, it will not be able to report any further insight into who the calling party is.  I'm not directly familiar with the ability to modify the call details provided within the 2821; so you may wish to post to one of the Voice forums to see if they can assist in getting additional event details forwarded to the CS-MARS.  Once that information is present in the CS-MARS, we can work to get the CS-MARS reporting on it for you.

Scott

I know that this is an old thread. But just wanted to put in a response in case someone else is facing a simular problem.

By default detailed call information is not sent to the syslog from the gateway.

And you'll only see the "ISDN Connect" message as you have already noticed.

There are a few ways to mitigate your problem.

One way is to add the "gw-accounting syslog"   command in global-configuration mode.

That will enable VoIP accounting messages to be sent via syslog, and you will see both calling and called numbers (included in the "VOIPAAA-5-VOIP_FEAT_HISTORY" syslog message).

You can also get VoIP information with radius accounting (which is, from what I have heard, more detailed, or atleast holds some information that is not available in the syslog messages).

But I would turn to the Voice forums on how to implement this.