SGE2000 QoS: Ingress Rate Limit BUG ?

Unanswered Question

I buyed a new unit of SGE2000. Thirst I changed firmware to newest one ( so I do not know what firmware was installed before.

The problem is that it is not posssible to change Ingress Rate Limit to value lower than 3500...

Hardware Version00.00.01
Software Version3.0.0.18
Boot Version2.0.0.03

Manual says:

Ingress Rate Limit — Defines the amount of bandwidth assigned to the interface.
For FE ports, the rate is 62 - 100,000 Kbps.
For GE ports, the rate is 62 - 1,000,000 Kbps

Default value for Ingress Rate Limit field is 3500, while I change it to eg. 512 the combobox is opening with warning information:

"Entered value in highlighted field must be an Integer. Range 3500...1000000"

"Committed Information Rate (CIR)" field allow to put a value down to 64, so it is ok.

Should I downgrade firmware to v3.0.0.17 ?

Any help appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Glenn Quesenberry Thu, 04/08/2010 - 15:13

Downgrading to ver will not help as I just attempted this on my SGE switch in my lab and got the same result as you.  I can't explain why the GUI is not allow this to be changed lower than 3500 so I've sent this up to the Product team to review.  I or someone else will post in here once we have an answer for you.

Best Regards,

Glenn Quesenberry Thu, 07/08/2010 - 08:49

My appologies for the lack of reply here.  I checked with the PM for the product and they asked me if there is a case open with the Small Business Support Center (SBSC) on this issue.  Have you had a case open on this yet?  If not can I ask you to log a case and then respond back to this postig with the case number please?  It seems this is a bug so the product team will need to process the fix for this via the standard problem identification/case reporting process.

Thanks in advance!

Glenn Quesenberry Thu, 07/08/2010 - 09:22

UPDATE...turns out that there is a bug fix already filed for this.  Will be addressed in the next maintenance release of the Firmware (not yet sceduled), so no need to open a case with the SBSC on this one.  Stay tuned...

This Discussion