Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N - can't access default IP address

Tigerstolly1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new WAP4410N AP.  It claims to have the default IP address of 192.168.1.245 but i can't get any life out of that.  I can't ping it or access the web interface that runs off it.

I'm on the same network and can access other things on there.   I have a server on 192.168.1.150 for example.

Anything i can try ?

The AP works and is on the LAN, i'm going through it as i type this.  Obvioulsy i want to configure it though.

2 Replies 2

Tigerstolly1
Level 1
Level 1

So i fired up my trusty nmap and found that the AP had defaulted to a DHCP address.

Not good Cisco.  You need to update the documentation.

If you read the administrator guide it states that the WAP4410N will search for a DHCP server first, if the dhcp request times out then will it default to 192.168.1.245 this is done so with a user friendly plug and play mentality in mind. Best practice would be to give the AP a static IP of your choice and in your subnet/network so the fastest way to configure the AP out of the box is to assign a static IP on your pc/laptop in the 192.168.1.X /24 and directly connect to the WAP4410N and give the WAP a static IP, define your gateway, DNS servers and then implement it into your network.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card