Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N - can't access default IP address

Tigerstolly1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new WAP4410N AP.  It claims to have the default IP address of 192.168.1.245 but i can't get any life out of that.  I can't ping it or access the web interface that runs off it.

I'm on the same network and can access other things on there.   I have a server on 192.168.1.150 for example.

Anything i can try ?

The AP works and is on the LAN, i'm going through it as i type this.  Obvioulsy i want to configure it though.

2 Replies 2

Tigerstolly1
Level 1
Level 1

So i fired up my trusty nmap and found that the AP had defaulted to a DHCP address.

Not good Cisco.  You need to update the documentation.

If you read the administrator guide it states that the WAP4410N will search for a DHCP server first, if the dhcp request times out then will it default to 192.168.1.245 this is done so with a user friendly plug and play mentality in mind. Best practice would be to give the AP a static IP of your choice and in your subnet/network so the fastest way to configure the AP out of the box is to assign a static IP on your pc/laptop in the 192.168.1.X /24 and directly connect to the WAP4410N and give the WAP a static IP, define your gateway, DNS servers and then implement it into your network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: