Is there a good way to copy the whole config including voicemail, AA, MAC addresses and so on from a UC520-2BRI-8U to a UC540W? I need to switch a client's UC since they have been using a loaner from us while waiting for their ordered UC540 to arrive.
Since the backup utility only offer this functionality when backing up from/to the same kind of unit I need another approach.
All help is appreciated!
Here is my suggestions to you which I just had to do myself to a loan system from our Cisco account manager.
Steps are as follows for CME side config:
- On the UC-520 copy the start-up config to the flash card (Save it as a .cfg file)
- Copy the star-up config on the flash card to your system
- from your system copy the start-up file to the UC-540
- on the UC-540 do the following commands
ROUTER# copy flash:"File Name" startup
- This will copy the config from the UC-520 to the UC-540
- Reboot the UC-540 (DO NOT WRITE MEM BEFOER REBOOT)
- You may need to modify the config on your PC first, things like Voice Ports (FXO/FXS/BRI..etc..etc..) may be different on the UC540 so they need to match up on the config file before copying it over, otherwise during boot up it will disregard the code and those services/devices will not function as intended
- You can use a program called PSPad to edit the cfg/txt file, it is free program and is brilliant to work with Cisco configs :)
Steps to follow CUE side:
- Download the following program: http://support.3com.com/software/3cdv2r10.zip install the program and allocate folders/directories on the root of the drive, i suggest 1 folder being TFTP and another Folder being FTP
- Configure the client, first being the TFT to point to the TFT folder, the second being the FTP to point to the FTP folder
- Assign a username and password to the FTP account (Do not use the default one) I recommend using cisco for the username and cisco123 for the password, it is easy and wont be forgotten easily
- log into the UC-520 system via the CUE web GUI admin, then go to "Administration" >>>"Backup/Restore">>>"Configuration", apply the settings for your FTP such as the ones you put into 3cDaemon, it may take a couple of turns to get it right
- Go back to Backup/Restore and start the backup, this should copy it now over to your FTP directory into a folder that you designated to it
- Once the above is completed you then need to go to the UC-540 and do the same thing as above on the UC-540
- Then go to Backup/Retore and do a restore
NOTE: The above worked for me copying over from a UC-520 running 8.0.1 to a UC-540 running 8.0.1, I beleive so long as both systems are running the same setup there shouldn't be too many difficulties, I havent tried copying over from a 7.X.X to a 8.X.X system yet, but again I can not see any reasons as to why there would be a problem.
I can only suggest you give it a shot, it worked for me and there are no issues noted thus far and the system has been working for over 2 months with no problems, keep in mind that you may still need to do some mods/config changes in the CUE web GUI on the UC-540, somethings may or may not get applied fully.
I hope the above works for you as it has for me, good luck with you adventure (and an adventure it will be :)).