Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd Call Routing Question For A Fax

mlidgett22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have an odd request. well it may not be..

If i have a uc500 with 1 analogue FXO line, this is set up for outbound calling. Inbound calls to it are sent through to a fax machine on an FXS. This all works 100%.

The issue i have is our primary outbound calling is over a sip trunk and the fax machine tries to send faxes over it which is only about 60% reliable, but 100% reliable out the analogue line.

Is there away to still use the analogue line for out bound calling from out voip phones( we use this if the sip trunk is down and for some service numbers), but force the fax to always send it's calls out the analogue line. To my knowledge the only way to do this, is to route every number the fax machine is ever going to call out that FXO which is not going to happen.

Can any feature do - if call initiated from FXS0(FAX) then send out the FXO? And still have the FXO as a primary/backup for normal calling?

I am guessing the answer is no as its almost a tenanted phone system feature.

Regards

Michael

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I wonder if you set up a unique access code for FAX cals (8+ or something not ambigious in your dial plan) and voice calls (9+) in the Outgoing dial plan and then build a preference for each facility like this?    (I havent tried this myself, but seems like an idea)...

You would build for 7 digits, 10 digits local and national or whatever you do for 9+, repeatd for 8+

dial_plan_access_code.GIF

Lol that would do it, simple but yeah i forgot about that, i was looking for some complicated solutionn, i couldnt find

I just shoved a translation rule to the inbound dial-peer of the FXS port adding an 8 to what ever the user sends a fax too and then sends it out the analogue line stripping the 8 back off.

Thanks.

cca has gotten better :_)

Yes it has,

In this case i had to do it all CLI, as out personal uc500 doubles as a test device for testing things and is such a mess that CCA would have a heart attack if i connected it.

But i do use it for customer uc500's, it can build 95% of the config way faster then i ever could.

Actually the only thing it doesnt do for most customers is...

call ---> Ephone-DN with nightmode --> day --> huntgroup

--> night --> voicemail

CCA doesnt seem to be able to create a DN for this purpose. Or there is a better way of doing it now?

I think yeah, we can go Night Service with CCA where the schedule is referenced for time to go into NS mode, and then you can select up to 4 extensions that either ring night bell or forward to another DN, or cell, or voicemail...

GUI snapshot here:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/11629?tstart=0