Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2960-S Uplink ports

Sindibade 78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know if the new catalyst 2960-S support on the same model both uplink type for 1gig & 10gig?

how can we migrate from 1gig to 10gig with this same switch?

regards.

Adil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you want to use 10GB, then you must use the SFP+ and for 1GB you can use SFP. The switch will support either one. Does that answer your question?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sindibade 78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi collin

thk you for your response, i have previously seen this datasheet but it's not clear about support of both type of tranceiver for 10gig & 1gig.

for ht same model like Cisco Catalyst 2960S-48FPD-L. can we use both type of tranceivers?

regards

If you want to use 10GB, then you must use the SFP+ and for 1GB you can use SFP. The switch will support either one. Does that answer your question?

is the SFP+ support both speed 1gig & 10gig or we must change the transceiver to SFP if we need just 1gig?

I believe the 10GB SFP+ is 10GB only. I'll see if I can find a supporting document.

Collin is right.  The SFP+ will only support 10Gb and does not auto-negotiate to any other speed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card