cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA186 Not receiving

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fax hooked up an ATA186 that would send and receive faxes without a problem. Today the device would not receive faxes but would send them. When I hooked up an analog telephone to the ATA it rings just fine, but when you connect the ATA to the fax it will not ring the fax machine. You can hear the phone ringing but the fax machine will not ring.

The settings on the fax have not changed so I am at a loss as to why this has happened. I even went as far as programming another new ATA 186. When I tested the new ATA it acted the same as the one previously hooked up.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Sounds to me like someone has changed a setting on the fax.

Maybe disabled auto-answer, or turned off audible ringing? It's difficult to say, as every fax machine is different.

If two ATAs do the same thing, and an analog phone on those ATAs is fine, then it suggests the hardware and config is OK.

Try swapping the cable from ATA--> FAX with the one from the analog phone in case that has developed a fault.

Otherwise, play with the fax menus; maybe find a factory reset on it or something.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: