cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless configuration on 1941w router

tachyon05
Level 1
Level 1

i am having trouble saving the configuration of the embedded wireless AP on a 1941w router.  i can get both the router and AP configured, and i test it with a laptop using the LAN and Wireless.  Everything works.  I issue the copy run start command to save the AP config, and i verify that it is saved by doing show startup config.  i then save the router config the same way.  Laptops continues to prove that everything is working.

I issue the reload command, and it asks me if i want to reload the AP as well.  i say yes.

it then askes me if i want to save the AP configuration.  i am not sure why it is asking because usually (at least on the 1801w and 861w routers), it only asks this if there are unsaved changes for the AP config.  regardless of what i say (yes or no), the final outcome is the same.  after the router reboots, the router's configuration is there, but the laptop cannot connect wirelessly (because the AP config is gone).

i try to console to the AP, and here is what i get

test1941w#service-module wlan-ap 0 status
Service Module is Cisco wlan-ap0
Service Module supports session via TTY line 67
Service Module is trying to recover from error
Service Module reset on error is disabled
Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled
Service Module is in fail open
Service Module status is not available

test1941w#service-module wlan-ap 0 session

Trying 172.16.99.1, 2067 ... Open

Connecting to AP console, enter Ctrl-^ followed by x,
then "disconnect" to return to router prompt

User Access Verification

Username:

Password:

ap:

ap: reset
Are you sure you want to reset the system (y/n)?y
System resetting...

after the reset, i get to reconfig my AP, and the cycle repeats.

any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reload?  Someone issued the "reset" command.

not sure what you mean.  the reset command was issued after i confirmed that the AP has lost the config.

without the reset command, there does not appears to be any way to reconfig the AP.

tachyon05
Level 1
Level 1

it turned out this is a BUG Severity level 2, and there is no workaround currently.

Internal AP801 on 1941 drops to ap: everytime router is rebooted
Symptom:
AP801 integrated in 1941 returns to boot loader prompt every time router is rebooted.

Conditions:

AP801 exhibits the symptom only when integrated with a 1941 router.
Issue is seen with 12.4(21a)JA1 on AP with ROMMON of 12.4(10b)JDA3 while router was running 15.0-1.M1 with ROMMON of 15.0(1r)M3

Workaround:
None

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtg06907

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card