cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2-digit dialing and data VLAN on UC540

Michael Murray
Level 2
Level 2

I have a customer that I'm installing a UC540 for - replacing an Avaya Partner system. They currently use 2-digit dialing and they don't want to change that.

I'm using CCA 2.2.2 and going through the Telephony Setup Wizard. When I get to the "Define Internal Dialing" screen there is only extension lengths for 3 - 5 digits. The help screen says I can use 2 - 5 digits. How can I configure this?

Also, is there a way to change the data VLAN from using VLAN 1? I can customize the subnet I use but I don't see a way to change the VLAN ID.

thanks,

-mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I suspect the answer to all your questions is - yes, use the CLI.

You always lose some flexibility with GUIs, and if it won't do what you want then you have to go under the hood.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I suspect the answer to all your questions is - yes, use the CLI.

You always lose some flexibility with GUIs, and if it won't do what you want then you have to go under the hood.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I figured out the 2-digit dialing. You just don't use the telephony wizard as you normally would when CCA detects a factory default system. After cancelling the wizard you initialize the voice system and the option is there to customize the system to 2-digit dialing.

@Aaron, I'm new to the UC500 systems. Is there zero difference between the SBCS platforms and the CME configurations from a CLI perspective? All the UC500 configuration information I see directs me to using CCA.

Thanks,

-mike

Hi

As I understand it, the UC5xx are the same software as CME, just running on a specialized platform.

So yeah, CLI will be the same.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: