cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tring to get IP address and default gateway from a Server

IngGerardo013
Level 1
Level 1

What can I do to permit that my switch layer 3 (WS-C3560G)adquiere an dynamic IP address and default gateway from the windows server? This is because switch needs to be accesed from Internet I tried to join the switch (that contains the network-2960G) statically to the network using the commands int vl 1 -- ip add 15.10.10.113 (Local segment provied by a windows server) -- default gateway 15.10.10.1 (Local gateway) and the passwords requeried (vty and enable password), after that, I conected the switch to the segment and the led is amber(Ports are giga)!, i don´t know why? any suggestion?

These are the commands that I tried(statically):

Switch(config)#int vla 1
Switch(config-if)#ip add dhcp
Switch(config-if)#no sh

Switch(config-if)#do sh int vl 1
Vlan1 is up, line protocol is down
  Hardware is EtherSVI, address is 0026.51ff.61c0 (bia 0026.51ff.61c0)
  Internet address will be negotiated using DHCP

however, the the led of of the port that connects to the network remains amber, and neither
get ip address.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you connect a computer (instead than the switch) does it get an IP from the DHCP server?

Federico.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

If you connect a computer (instead than the switch) does it get an IP from the DHCP server?

Federico.

yes it does get DHCP!

Try connecting the switch again to obtain DHCP and enable DHCP debugs on the switch so we can check where in the DHCP transaction is failing.

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card