cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515E config

fzaynoun
Level 1
Level 1

I need to make a this VPN on my firewall (outside interface of my firewall is the gateway)

IP distant Endpoint - Ip distant Gateway)---(My Router-My firewall-Ip of my server wish is the my endpoint.

My router has very simple config: it is 2 ports, one port on the internet, another one also with real IP, connected to the firewall. basically there is a default route that forward all the packets to the next hop on the internet (the provider gateway)

i possess 5 ethernet interfaces on my firewall, 3 of them are working: (1 outside with real IP), (1 inside with local ips (PAT) )and (1 intf3 with my second range of real IPs wish i created just for my VPN). I possess 2 ranges of real ips of 6 real ips each.

outside security: 0, inside 100, intf3 6

I already have 1 VPN established between one host on my inside interface and a distant host.

My first problem is that i can't access internet using hosts related to intf3.I don't understand why. The Ips on intf3 are all reals. on the firewall there is default route to my router. on the router a default route to my provider... The internet works fine for my natted interface.

Do i need to use natting to make connection to the outside ?! I mean firewall can be used to isolate networks.

If anyone intersted in helping me, i could provide my config in private.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please share config.

Assuming you do not have NAT statement on intf3, make sure that you disable nat-control: no nat-control.

That should allow intf3 with public ip to reach the Internet.

View solution in original post

Thanks, emailed you the solution. Let us know if that resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please share config.

Assuming you do not have NAT statement on intf3, make sure that you disable nat-control: no nat-control.

That should allow intf3 with public ip to reach the Internet.

Sorry I can't share my config in public, but i sent it to you in private.

I need urgent help, i am not pro in firewall (not even beginner ) but my config seems logical to me.there should be internet access.

Thanks

Thanks, emailed you the solution. Let us know if that resolves the issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card