ICM PG: Fail: CallChangedEvent caught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Answered Question
Apr 7th, 2010

Hi,

We are having ICM 7.5 with PG SideA(Active) and PG SideB(Idle). We are getting below mentioned error in Application logs and JGW Traces because of which yesterday some of the agents got logged out and logged in again,

Application Eventviewer Error Snapshot :

JGW Error.JPG

JGW Traces:

15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Fail: CallChangedEvent caught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.icr.JTapiObj.handleCallCtlConnEstablished(Unknown Source)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.icr.JTapiObj.callChangedEventImplementation(Unknown Source)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.icr.JTapiObj.callChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.jtapi.ObserverProxy.Z(CTQF)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.jtapi.ObserverThread.messageReceived(CTQF)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.cti.util.MessageThread.append(CTQF)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.cti.util.MessageThread.CTQF(CTQF)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.cti.util.MessageThread.run(CTQF)

Kindly help us to find out root cause of this error.

Regards,

Santosh

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by david.macias about 6 years 8 months ago

So, this just started happening yesterday?  Let's start with what changed?  Did you guys apply any patches to the UCM?  Can you confirm the JTAPI versions on the UCM and PG?  Are you sure that this error caused your agents to be logged out?  Did it affect all agents or just some?

david

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
david.macias Thu, 04/08/2010 - 04:26

So, this just started happening yesterday?  Let's start with what changed?  Did you guys apply any patches to the UCM?  Can you confirm the JTAPI versions on the UCM and PG?  Are you sure that this error caused your agents to be logged out?  Did it affect all agents or just some?

david

santoshmhaske1 Thu, 04/08/2010 - 07:44

Hi david,

Thanks for your reply. This started happening since yesterday only and there no changes on the system.

JTAPI Version: 7.0.2.1000-7

PG Version: 7.5

Error timeing and agent logout time is same thats why we are considering this must be a reason which causes agent logout.

Othervise there are no errors on the system.

Only some of the agents around 20 outof 300 got logout.

Thanks,

Santosh

david.macias Thu, 04/08/2010 - 07:50

20 out of 300 agents sounds suspect.  What do the actual jgw log shows you, what does the PIM log show?  I rarely use the Windows Event Viewer for any troubleshooting most of what you want will be in the actual ICM logs.

david

santoshmhaske1 Thu, 04/08/2010 - 09:12

Hi David,

Yes we are also surpized how come only 20 agents could get affected. I dont have pim logs with me currently i can provide it to you tomorrow only.

Below is jgw traces of that particular time,

15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Fail: CallChangedEvent caught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.icr.JTapiObj.handleCallCtlConnEstablished(Unknown Source)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.icr.JTapiObj.callChangedEventImplementation(Unknown Source)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.icr.JTapiObj.callChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.jtapi.ObserverProxy.Z(CTQF)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.jtapi.ObserverThread.messageReceived(CTQF)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.cti.util.MessageThread.append(CTQF)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.cti.util.MessageThread.CTQF(CTQF)
15:55:55 pg1A-jgw1 Trace:  at com.cisco.cti.util.MessageThread.run(CTQF)

Regards,

Santosh

david.macias Thu, 04/08/2010 - 09:57

I should have been more exact, I was asking for the complete logs going further back, if you notice the time stamp in the event viewer and the time stamp in the jgw logs are one minutes apart.

david

santoshmhaske1 Thu, 04/08/2010 - 22:12

Hi David,

Regret for the incomplete data. PFA complete traces of JGW and PIM.

Difference in the time between eventviewer and jgw logs is because I have collected both logs at different timestamp. We faced this issue two time and on both time same set of agents got affected.

Regards,

Santosh

david.macias Fri, 04/09/2010 - 03:37

The jgw log didn't show anything out of the ordinary that I could see.  The pim log was an ems file, please attach the txt file.  It doesn't matter when you pull the logs they should all have the same time stamp in the log itself.  Finally, this has happened again to the same 30 agents, are they all sitting in the same erea?  Are they connected off the same switch?

david

Actions

This Discussion