Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this a correct access network design

sushilmenon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 8 2960 switches in the network with 2 3750 as the aggregation switches in the network.

I have stacked both the 3750 24 port switches.

Now i am planning to connect each 2960 access switch  with 2 gig uplinks in a ether-channel bundle with each uplink connecting each of the 3750 in the stack.

In this case the switches in the stack will work like a single switch. As the uplinks from the access switch is a single link because of ether-channel.

From the stack switch point of view it sees only a single link with each of the access switches since they are ether-channeled.

Can i conclude there is no STP hinderence in this design. I would be able to achieve 2 Gbps uplinks without non-blocking uplinks in a traditional stp design. Can someone please correct me it would be of great help.

Thanks & Regards

Sushil

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sushil

Can i conclude there is no STP hinderence in this design. I would be able to achieve 2 Gbps uplinks without non-blocking uplinks in a traditional stp design. Can someone please correct me it would be of great help.

Correct, because you can do cross stack etherchannel on the 3750s there will be no blocked ports from the access-layer.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco