cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I monitor "Slip secs" and "Errored secs" in a Controller e1 interface?

JuanCandon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to monitor "Slip errors" in a e1 interface from my monitoring Central system so I can setup an alarm when slip errors are encountered. It supports Syslog and SNMP.

I have been loooking for the SNMP OID objects but I couldn't find the correct one for slip errors. I don't know if it is possible to be performed by RMON.

Does somone implemented it before?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you configure network-clock-select ?

After you do that, there will be no more slip errors.

Hi,

The network clock select is already setup and we don't have any problem with slip secs at the moment. But time to time the provider change the timing settings on the line without notifying me. Then I only notice the errors when I login to the router.

This is why I want to configure the monitoring system to trigger alarms when slip errors occur.  My idea is to monitor also errored secs, crc , etc. I just stated Slip secs as an example.

Use the T1 / E1 MIB for that.

Paul Giles
Level 1
Level 1

I am using MIB RFC1406, in particular the OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.18.7.1.6 which is the  number of Controlled Slip Seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card