Views
Helpful
Replies

Locked etoken

kamil.bockay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have locked one of my 2 etokens on CUCM 7. I can still use the other one to make a changes. My question is, if it is possible to re-initialize the locked token.

My idea was to use the third tokenand add it to CTL. Then delete the locked token and add it back again.

Is it possible?

Is there any other way?

If i try this, what will happen to the third token. Will I still be able to use it on other systems? Or each token can be only used once?

Thanks for help.

Kamil

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can add additional tokens to the CTL as long as you sign the updated CTL with a token that already exists in the CTL. In this case if you add a third token, you just need to sign the CTL with your second existing token for the phones to accept the additional certificate.

As for 'locking a token' I have no idea what that is or how you did it. I cannot speak to whether removing or re-adding a token to the CTL would have any impact. Do you perhaps mean to say that the certificate on the token has passed it's expiry date?

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

When you put wrong password 15 times, the token becomes locked. I don't even know what happend. The password worked on one token, but not on the other. I have tried all possible passwords but with no success.

I know that I can add a new token. But I want to use the old one. I don't know if it is even possible. That's why I'm asking.

kamil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: