Network Config Management

Unanswered Question
Apr 8th, 2010

I’m sure this topic has been brought up before and if so just point me in the right direction. I’m looking for an application that solves the needs to configuration management across an entire Cisco network, so routers, switches, ASAs. Ideally it would provide the following capability:

A many to one global configuration diff and remediation option. For example if we’ve defined a VTY / SNMP access-list that would applied to every device regardless of type I’d like the tool to go out parse the configs and present me with a list of devices that do not match master configs. Then of course be able to remediate this.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Be able to return devices with a specific configuration or version. And then act on them perhaps push configuration changes or IOS etc.

I’m open to options I think CiscoWorks might be able to do this, I’m also open to any open source tools that might be able to accomplish this as well because well free is nice too.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network