DHCP Snooping binding table

Unanswered Question
Apr 8th, 2010

Dear all,

I have issue with my binding table:

so I have configured ip dhcp snooping vlan for some vlan and its work find, my problem is when I connect a pc to a switch port ie: 2/0/1 there will be an entry for this pc on the binding table (this is normal behaviour), when I take this same pc and connect it to another port on the same switch and same vlan, there will be another entry for the same pc on the seconf port like this:

00:1D:7D:55:4C:BC   192.168.30.33    3018        dhcp-snooping   140   FastEthernet2/0/2
00:1D:7D:55:4C:BC   192.168.30.20    366         dhcp-snooping   140   FastEthernet2/0/1

and the switch wait until the lease time to delete the old entry from the binding table, so my question: my understanding was that the update is dynamic, I mean if the same pc with the same mac address have entry on two or three port all the old entry are dynamically and automatically deleted.

may be there is a way to configure the dhcp snooping that if one port for example goes dwon the entry is dynamically deleted without waiting the lease time to expire before deleting this entry?

Thanks a lot for your help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion